Re: Forum and list management

On 9/13/06, Joshua D. Drake <..hidden..> wrote:
David Tangye wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 09:15 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
>> Any objections from anyone on this?
> No, but I am not sure how practical it is to ban anyone from a public
> list. Its a trivial task for them to resubscribe under another email and
> name. I think its likely to be more practical and easy to keep a closer
> watch on troublemakers but judge each message on its merit. Time will
> tell.

Although I am sure there are people in this world that don't have
anything better to do, my experience shows that they will not do that.
They will move on.

I agree. I have had the misfortune of dealing with one such entity
they are very rare and that was a different type of list altogether
(to give you an idea of how bad it was, there was a Salon article
about this entity, and her attack on my list and a couple others).

I'm all for the full public warning and banning of any crazy Dr.
types, and any posts that get through should remain in the archives.

Cheers,

Chris