[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Forum and list management
- Subject: Forum and list management
- From: David Tangye <..hidden..>
- Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:14:07 +1000
In idea to throw in before the problem arises.
I suggest that the forum and list administrators should apply whatever
personal judgement they wish to censor any items at their discretion as
- Never delete anything, but
- Move items immediately:
- If its a forum message, to a forum called 'Censored' or 'Open
Slather' or 'Flames' or whatever. That way possibly valuable info is not
lost, no-one can complain too much about being shut out, but flame wars
get collected into one place away from all the rest of the good topic
matter, and those wishing to continue them don't impact those wishing to
not read them.
- If its a mail list message, just prepend '[Flame]' or whatever to
the header, so recipients of the mail list have the choice of how to
handle them, eg auto-delete or auto-move to my FlaminLarfs folder etc.
-At the sole discretion of the administrator, advise the sender.
This is the best solution I can see to the problems of flames and
insults that I have seen and hurled :P over the years.