Re: Feature requests.

On 11/25/06, Stroller <..hidden..> wrote:

On 25 Nov 2006, at 06:46, Chris Travers wrote:
>> Some that have sprung to mind - but which I don't immediately have
>> time to flesh out fully - are:
>> - ability to add custom headers in the email interface (ie: annoy
>> Outlook users with "read requests" for your invoices).
>
> Added as  1602610
>
> I believe that the code is in there for read requests :-).  I think it
> is just a matter of determining how we want these to be controlled.
> Any feedback?

I had envisioned simply a multiple-line text entry box which is added
into the headers.

The user can then enter:
   Disposition-Notification-To: "Me Yu" <..hidden..>
as he or she wishes.

Hmmm...  that might be error prone...  One wonders about MTA's and
MUA's handling email with mysspelled [sic] ;-) headers....

IMO ideally Julie should not be able to overwrite Bob's note of the
4th when she adds her own notes. Julie's note of the 14th is clearly
VERY important!! Bob should not be able to accidentally delete that,
either.

That is the idea behind the notes as attachements.

> ...  My own thinking is that some
> things ought to be removed (like ship via) since they are probably
> better covered in AR/Transactions.  Other things like Salesperson...

This doesn't affect me, but one might imagine a salesman wishing to
give his customers a call for a quick chat about their bills should
his commission depend upon it.  ;)

Again, not sure what outstanding gives you that transactions doesn't
in this case.
<snip>