Re: Can sales orders affect inventory?

On 16 Nov 2006, at 20:52, Chris Travers wrote:

I added feature request 1597990 to cover your confirmation screen request,

Anyone have feedback about whether it should be optional or mandatory?

Do you mind if I pop in one or two more feature requests?

I can offer them up here for discussion first, or just put them into the Sourceforge tracker & allow them to be discussed there.

The first thing that comes to mind - if I've screwed up my inventory & COGS - is to be able to do a stocktake.

Having entered 2 years worth of transactions into SL in order to get a feel for the program before using it in anger, it's likely that I've missed one or two. There are probably parts I lost the receipt for & never claimed for against tax and there are likely to be parts that I've given away & never billed for. So in the former case I'll have parts in stock that aren't shown in SL & in the latter I'll have parts that are shorter in real stock than SL believes.

When I've worked with stock control systems before they've had the facility to print out a list of parts in stock & their numbers. The staff then go through the stockroom comparing this list with reality & then have a screen on the stock-control system where they can enter the actual numbers against the expected. The difference can then be marked down as wastage (against some account, I believe).

I can't seem to find this feature in SL & have never seen it mentioned on the SL list.

I did have one or two other ideas for useful features, but that was yesterday's 4am.

Stroller.