Re: Problem when using XXXX.pl files

Paul Harwood wrote:
Hi Stroller

OOOps  Still getting use to the Nabble Editor

> 1) Do you have "Alias /ledgersmb /usr/local/ledgersmb" in ledgersmb-httpd.conf ?

Yes this is the first line in the file.

> 2) Is /usr/local/ledgersmb the correct directory where LedgerSMB was installed to?

Yes this is where I extracted the .tar.gz file as per the install notes for Ubuntu 9.04 on the LedgerSMB Forum > 3) How are you trying to "start" the admin.pl file? You should simply be browsing to

> http://emachine/ledgersmb/admin.pl

I have tried both http://localhost/usr/local/ledgersmb/admin.pl and http://localhost/ledgersmb/admin.pl
both give the same result

4) Permissions?
$ ls -l /usr/local/ledgersmb/admin.pl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3170 Oct 13  2008 /usr/local/ledgersmb/admin.pl

I checked the permissions of admin.pl and get exactly what you have above.

Regards

BarneyR
I have a question, perhaps I did not make the guide clear.
the page says:
Edit ledgersmb.conf.
Set DBPassword to ledgersmb-user-password, make any other needed changes.

Run sh configure_apache.sh

|# sh configure_apache.sh|

Apache2 runs as www-data

Copy ledgersmb-httpd.conf to /etc/apache2/conf.d

Restart Apache2

|# apache2ctl restart

|Where it says : Apache2 runs as www-data, this is meant to be used as information to be entered during the configure_apache.sh script.

The same goes for when it says: Copy ledgersmb-httpd.conf to /etc/apache2/conf.d,
  this also is entered into the script, not done manually.

The default ledgersmb-httpd.conf will not work unedited. The configure_apache.sh script will automatically do this.

Did you do this that way? Or is the unedited ledgersmb-httpd.conf been copied?

Chris Bennett

  -- Robert Heinlein