Re: Problem when using XXXX.pl files

On 8 Jun 2009, at 07:02, Barneyr wrote:
I have followed the Install Instructions for Ubuntu 9.04 at the folowing URL
http://www.ledgersmb.info/UbuntuServerInstall.html.

I may be overlooking something, but I can't see the part of these instructions where they tell you to add an include for ledgersmb- httpd.conf

Maybe this is supposed to be done automagically by the install scripts?

Anyway, you should check:

$ sudo grep -iR ledgersmb-httpd.conf /etc/apache2/
/etc/apache2/httpd.conf:Include /etc/apache2/ledgersmb-httpd.conf
$

I got through the Notes all the way ( with no errors) to the bit where you
login to the Ledgersmb admin page using the following URL

http://localhost/ledgersmb/admin.pl as per the instructions.

I then get a window asking me to edit it with Bluefish ( my editor)

$ sudo grep -iR "\.pl" /etc/apache2/
/etc/apache2/modules.d/00_error_documents.conf:#ErrorDocument 404 "/ cgi-bin/missing_handler.pl" /etc/apache2/modules.d/00_mod_autoindex.conf:AddIcon /icons/ p.gif .pl .py
/etc/apache2/ledgersmb-httpd.conf:  AddHandler cgi-script .pl
$

Note last line. Is it possible this is missing on your system?

Stroller.