Re: Problem when using XXXX.pl files

On 9 Jun 2009, at 01:58, Chris Bennett wrote:
Stroller wrote:
That line is *sure* to exist in the ledgersmb-httpd.conf file supplied
by LedgerSMB - the question is surely *whether an include statement*
references that file in /etc/apache2/httpd.conf

Please note that I'm not 100% sure that this is Barneyr's problem - I just suspect it may be.

Well, I guess I'll just go ahead and re-install it and see exactly how
it came "out-of-the-box" and add a note at the end as a troubleshooting
step.
I've had perl scripts come up as text myself a few times, guess it is
worth it to relieve those ugly surprises for people that have that
problem. Pretty simple problem to fix, but only if you already know the
answer, of course!

There are a couple of ways to install apache, maybe one way gives
different results in .conf details??

I can't imagine so.

The "AddHandler cgi-script .pl" directive is a line in ledgersmb- httpd.conf

There is no reason for httpd.conf to say "Include /etc/apache2/ ledgersmb-httpd.conf" unless LedgerSMB is installed on the system. That's an additional step, irrespective of how Apache is installed.

It's been a long time since I installed LedgerSMB, so either:
1) Adding the "Include" to httpd.conf is a manual step and your (??) guide should include it. 2) The "Include" is appended to httpd.conf by LedgerSMB's install scripts and I'm making canine sounds of alarm up the wrong arboreal in my diagnosis of Barneyr's problem.

Stroller.