Re: Problem when using XXXX.pl files

On 9 Jun 2009, at 06:23, Barneyr wrote:
Copy ledgersmb-httpd.conf to /etc/apache2/conf.d. From looking at the
file the "AddHandler cgi-script .pl" directive is there in the file so my
question is the file in the correct place or should it be in the
/etc/apache2 folder as indicated by Strollers first instruction

It doesn't really matter - it's largely a matter of style. A different location might suit your distro's philosophy on file organisation. The important thing is that the include statement points to the correct location of the file.

After restarting the apache server I now ge the following when I try to
start the admin.pl file

Not Found
The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

That's kinda weird.

1) Do you have "Alias /ledgersmb /usr/local/ledgersmb" in ledgersmb- httpd.conf ? 2) Is /usr/local/ledgersmb the correct directory where LedgerSMB was installed to? 3) How are you trying to "start" the admin.pl file? You should simply be browsing to http://emachine/ledgersmb/admin.pl

4) Permissions?
$ ls -l /usr/local/ledgersmb/admin.pl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3170 Oct 13  2008 /usr/local/ledgersmb/admin.pl
$

Stroller.