Re. drafting hours

Chris, I think you've hit the nail on the head - it's a workflow problem.

With timesheets, the process is normally that an operator (ideally the individuals themselves) file their timesheet. This means access to the timesheet module and (depending on the complexity of the business) some sort of subset of hour types (regular, overtime, travel or plumbing, electricity, gas, whatever).

The next step would be client authorisation. This means access to a module that just lists the filed timesheets, maybe with some calculations and an 'OK' button that in principle despatches the timesheet into the accounts for processing.

This is, incidentally, a process identical to the one you'd use for expense authorisation - it may be worth having a look at this whole idea as a modular add-on. It would sure be a serious help in some companies I've dealt with, but expense and time sheet handling are in some places complete systems on their own.

/// P ///