Re: COGS incorrect when invoices are reposted

Hi John;

This is exactly how it should work.

We are talking different terms, but in the end whan in invoice is
"voided" it is really flagged for additional review (not hidden) and
an additional, reversing transaction is posted.

Does this sound about right?

On 9/21/06, John Hasler <..hidden..> wrote:
David Tangye writes:
> The flow, as you describe it, is one way that I have used with the
> system, and found useful. I guess what you are saying is that I need to
> use this two step process more: the key being that an 'invoice is a legal
> document'.

Think of it this way:  When you post an invoice you are telling your
accounting system that you are about to send that invoice to the customer,
who will enter it into his accounting system.  When you later change that
invoice you are creating an inconsistency between your records and his.

Perhaps a facility for creating links from posted invoices to subsequently
created notes, credit memos, etc. would be useful.
--
John Hasler
..hidden..