Re: COGS incorrect when invoices are reposted

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 00:15 -0700, Tony Fraser wrote:
> If you don't have _ALL_ the
> information for an invoice or you are prone to making mistakes and get
> other people to check things before you send them out to customer (IMHO
> a good thing in any case) you should create a sales order. A sales order
> can be saved/changed/re-saved/added to all you want because it doesn't
> actually touch the inventory numbers. Once your totally happy with the
> sales order there is a button on the sales order screen that allows you
> to convert the sales order to an invoice. Once you have converted the
> the sales order you can post the newly created invoice that contains
> exactly what was on the sales order.
The flow, as you describe it, is one way that I have used with the
system, and found useful. I guess what you are saying is that I need to
use this two step process more: the key being that an 'invoice is a
legal document'.

It seems to me that a critical issue is that the usage of the system be
documented clearly. In this project the documentation is freely
available, so as long as this info is in there, (I had better check)
then the benefit of running this project in its truly open way becomes a
*big* advantage.

:-)