Re: Calling all testers: 1.1 now in feature freeze

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 14:52 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:

> If there is enough call for it, I suppose we could support 7.4 for
> while longer, but I would rather see such support come from the
> community at large so that our core team can focus on versions that
> will be supported by the PostgreSQL community for a while longer.  In
> this case, this means 8.0 and higher.
I agree entirely.

I am sure you have got a very good grasp on the amount of work required
just to tidy up, bug fix, and add some functionality into the system as
is possible with the current schema, without having to support multiple
versions of a DBMS, let alone multiple DBMS's. With the limited
resources available, particularly at this point, I would limit the DBMS
to postgres 8.x only, and not consider anything else.

If anyone else wants to come in and spend the energy to add and maintain
support for anything else that would be great.