Re: Calling all testers: 1.1 now in feature freeze

Hi Seneca;

Added to the bug tracker.  Will get this one resolved tonight.  Will
probably just apply your patch outright.  This will mean that dataset
creation may be broken in other ways as well.

Thanks,
Chris Travers

On 9/18/06, Seneca Cunningham <..hidden..> wrote:
On 18-Sep-2006, at 16:51 :35, Chris Travers wrote:

> Anyone who would like to test the software should feel free to do so.
> Note that we recommend doing so on a testing server as some things
> like dataset creation require connections to template1 (which we
> really don't want to get messed up).

I tried reaching you on IRC earlier, but the schema upgrade script
broke on my test box (LedgerSMB 1.0 upgraded from SQL-Ledger 2.6.17,
no other patching).  It also does not work with PostgreSQL versions
7.4.x and earlier (pre-8.x does not support altering column types).

I have attached a patch for the problems I encountered with my 8.1
backend.

   1) chart lacked a primary key, so id is now set as one as is required
      by the foreign key
   2) typoed table name adding ar ids to transaction_ledger
   3) adjusted the add_custom_field function to successfully add more
than
      one custom field to a given table without erroring out
   4) fix a variable name in drop_custom_field so that it works

I haven't written a patch for Pg-functions.sql with my fixes yet.

--
Seneca Cunningham