Re: Calling all testers: 1.1 now in feature freeze

On 18-Sep-2006, at 16:51 :35, Chris Travers wrote:

Anyone who would like to test the software should feel free to do so.
Note that we recommend doing so on a testing server as some things
like dataset creation require connections to template1 (which we
really don't want to get messed up).

I tried reaching you on IRC earlier, but the schema upgrade script broke on my test box (LedgerSMB 1.0 upgraded from SQL-Ledger 2.6.17, no other patching). It also does not work with PostgreSQL versions 7.4.x and earlier (pre-8.x does not support altering column types).

I have attached a patch for the problems I encountered with my 8.1 backend.

  1) chart lacked a primary key, so id is now set as one as is required
     by the foreign key
  2) typoed table name adding ar ids to transaction_ledger
3) adjusted the add_custom_field function to successfully add more than
     one custom field to a given table without erroring out
  4) fix a variable name in drop_custom_field so that it works

I haven't written a patch for Pg-functions.sql with my fixes yet.

Seneca Cunningham
..hidden..