Re: New Virtual Machine for LSMB

Armaghan Saqib wrote:
Ok, that gets further, but after upgrading the VM for vmware 2 and
booting it we come to the problem of installing vmware tools.  I can
mount the ISO for that and unpack it, but needs libc.so.6 which is
presumably in misc/compat6x that the installer warned me about
installing first.  Without vmware tools I get no network, meaning that I
guess the only way around this right now is to download the FreeBSD iso
and install it from there.

I can have a go at that unless you are able to add the update at your
end.  If so I can just dl the vm again and we should be set.

Hi Brian,

I shall make a new virtual machine using FreeBSD 6.4 using just the
operating system on VMWARE 2.0 and upload it for your testing.

If everything works fine, I shall add the ledgersmb (and related
things) and make it available for everyone.

Thanks for your help in testing.

Regards

OK - just yell when it's ready and I'll try it out.

cheers
Brian

believed to be clean.