Re: New Virtual Machine for LSMB

Armaghan Saqib wrote:
On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 11:16 PM, Jeff Kowalczyk
If you'd be willing to contribute a log of the command line history
used in creating and configuring your VM, I would gladly annotate the
steps and write that up as a HowTo document: docs/README.jeos

I am continuing the old thread to provide the update to keep things in
context. Virtual Machine is ready. In next few days I shall install
LSMB 1.3 and do some basic testing before making it available it for
download.

Jeff, I shall provide the complete log which you can document. Here is
what I did to build this machine.

Any other suggestions/comments are welcome and I can possibly
accommodate these in new VM.

1) Minimal install of ubuntu 8.10 for virtual machines without any packages.

2) Installed the minimum possible system packages.

3) mandatory perl packages for LSMB 1.2/1.3 through cpan

4) Installed following packages
- postgresql 8.3
- apache2
- phppgadmin
- texlive-base (latex)
- git
- subversion
- ledgersmb 1.2 (pulled from LEDGER-SMB/branches/1.2/ so that it can
be - updated using svn update). Created/configured central database.
- ledgersmb 1.3 (pulled from LEDGER-SMB/trunk/ so that it can be
updated using svn update) (Successful installation still to be done)
- sql-ledger pulled from github repository so that it can be updated
using git pull.

P.S. The Ledger123.com site is looking very good these days.

Thanks

Has this been tested with vmware V2? It upgrades happily, but doesn't appear functional in that I see no DHCP requests from it and cannot connect the console to see what it's up to.

Have a great Christmas!

cheers
Brian

believed to be clean.