Re: Migration and documents

Hi David;

Thank you for your reply.  I appologize if I misunderstood you.

Here are the priority tiers as I see them:

1)  Data and information assurance:  Security, reliability, accounting
logic, and process control  Without these, nothing else matters.
These are not possible without well structured and maintainable code,
so this is a requirement here as well.

2)  Automated installation, robust and scalable upgrades. (Have to
figure out hot to handle Slony-I safely.).  Basic documentation.
Online help.  Error handling that is friendly to users, developers,
and administrators.

3)  (Last because it depends on a lot of other work):  User
impressions-- a pleasent-looking interface that does not sacrifice the
overall transparency of the application.

1.3 will address a fair number of tier 1 concerns and probably some
tier2 concerns as well.  I do not expect to get to tier 3 until we are
getting close to 2.0.

Secondly, I would ask how you think our documentation compares to that
of SQL-Ledger.  For the 1.2 codebase, the entire manual LaTeX source
is in doc/manual/ (the main file is LedgerSMB-manual.tex).