Re: Migration and documents

First, I think that INSTALL and UPGRADE files should always be
maintained.  Those filenames are in upper case not because I am
yelling but because that is the standard convention.  If your install
is a mess, I am guessing you didn't read these files :-)

I do not expect we will ever stop maintaining them, and we will
probably always document a manual install process regardless of
whatever else we offer.

Secondly, this may change over time, but at the moment the manual is
designed to teach people how to use the software.  It is well
structured (I think), the Table of Contents entries link to the
apropriate sections, URL's are clickable, etc.  (Yes, you may notice
there are no visual clues that this is the case, but this was because
it was assumed that the primary format would be *printed.*

The manual is written for people of any level of accounting or
technical background.  It comes with the sources so if people want, it
can be stripped down for specific training sessions, but the idea is
that it is out there to teach the people
installing/maintaining/administering the software how it is supposed
to work.

Third, the release_notes is designed to provide people exactly what
information they need to get up and running quickly.  It includes
changes relating to SQL-Ledger as well as prior versions.

Fourth, I think it is time to say "put your money where your mouth
is."  Most of us on the core team are putting a lot of time into what
we feel are the most important priorities:  security, process control,
and accounting logic.  The fact is that nothing else matters if those
are not handled 100% right.  Other issues may be addressable once
those are really nailed down.  But that won't be likely before we get
close to 2.0.  If you want to radically restructure the documentation,
you are free to make contributions, and these may or may not be
accepted depending on their quality.