Re: Corner cases

 Also no way to track prepayments against Accounts Payable.
I think that the whole structure of Accounts Receivable/Accounts
Payable needs some rethinking there.  Payments should be separate
transactions and then maybe have another table that tracks how the
payments were applied to invoices/bills.

Not sure what you mean by this second case.

Either way payment handling has been recently discussed here for 1.4,
and we expect to entirely redesign that at such a point.

Well, just as a customer might pre-pay you for goods/services as a customer you may pre-pay them for goods/services. Or, (and this boils down into the same problem) you might pay multiple bills in a single transaction.

I'll look over the discussion and if I have anything intelligent to add I'll do so.

Sure.  Most of the work right now is going into 1.3, which is expected
to offer a new and better architecture for new code, and contact
management, but it is really a minimum.  If there are specific areas
you would like to see make it into 1.3, start by submitting proposals
regarding how something should work, and we can work with you to get
the stored procedures and db structure right.  I can't guarantee it
will make it into 1.3, but it may at least give a head start for 1.4
and make that happen faster.

I'll work on getting up to speed on LedgerSMB and make a proposal if I can come up with something.

Cheers,
Dave