[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Thoughts on Voiding Invoices
- Subject: Re: Thoughts on Voiding Invoices
- From: "Chris Travers" <..hidden..>
- Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:49:49 -0700
Looking at this from an infrastrastructure point of view, you have a
few challenges with a "stable" API in that it is likely to be both
cumbersome and fragile given the existing complexity of the data and
the need that some people may have to expand it.
My own thought is that one should essentially separate the work into
1) The core engine which is likely to best be data driven.
2) A set of wrapper APIs which automatically picks up on extensions.
These include OO API's, XML interfaces, and the like.
3) A web interface (may be seen as a subset of #2 above though).
In reality, a stable API is probably going to have to wait for a
stable DB schema...
Hope this helps :-)