Debian - was PostgreSql Version

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 17:31 -0700, John Locke wrote:

> Ubuntu seems to be leaving Debian behind... it'll be interesting to see
> if Debian can work out their current internal struggles...
Yes, I read about key developers leaving the debian (distro?) project
because there is no progress forward, just endless talk and no
decisions. However I understand that the debian package management
system that ubuntu and many others use is the most used and most
powerful package management system for linux distros. The only other
significant one is rpm, originally from redhat. Individual rpm packages
can usually be converted successfully to .deb's via 'alien' if
necessary.