Re: COGS incorrect when invoices are reposted

Hi John,

welcome to the project.

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 11:43 -0700, John Locke wrote:
> My development skills are primarily in PHP, not Perl, but I've written
> some wrapper code to interact with both the database directly, and
> through the SL CLI (which seems to be a particularly primitive API,
> little different than accessing the CGI directly...)
Your input will be valued, whatever your coding expertise.

> My core business at the moment, however, has been deploying/customizing
> CMS systems, so I had to step in here ;-)

> I would suggest Joomla with the Community Builder extension... quite
> easy to deploy, and very wide spread. It's certainly got its quirks, and
> a very specific workflow that's a bit non-intuitive. But it's pretty,
> doesn't scare away less technical folk... and has a remarkably similar
> history of forking a well-known, well-entrenched predecessor (Mambo),
> and taking most of the community and developer support with it (let's
> hope that proves true here, too).
Great to see some Joomla expertise. I have been hesitant to suggest it
because I have not done enough yet with it. Its actually a truly open
form of Mambo, similar to LedgerSMB being a more truly open fork of SL.
I encourage anyone to look seriously at Joomla for an open web-based CMS
that our doco should use. it seems to me that it is a better approach
than any wiki I have used - all 4 of them :-).

> I can provide server space and/or admin help. My bandwidth (both GB and
> personal time) is limited these days, but I'll do what I can...
Chris T: you had better file that :-)