Re: COGS incorrect when invoices are reposted

Hi, everybody,

I've been watching the project for the last week or so, and I have to
say, great work putting this all together. While I've been a paying SL
user for a couple years (and non-paying for longer than that), I've
never been a fan of the way that project hordes information.

So I'm happy to see you guys making progress here, and will try to
contribute as my time allows...

My development skills are primarily in PHP, not Perl, but I've written
some wrapper code to interact with both the database directly, and
through the SL CLI (which seems to be a particularly primitive API,
little different than accessing the CGI directly...)

My core business at the moment, however, has been deploying/customizing
CMS systems, so I had to step in here ;-)

Chris Travers wrote:
> Another option is to use a Real CMS solution with easy community
> account creation.  After running the SQL-Ledger wiki for a long time,
> this is the alternative I prefer.  Maybe Typo3 or Bricolage?  (yeah
> these are probably overkill but we can make them function well for the
> community)

I would suggest Joomla with the Community Builder extension... quite
easy to deploy, and very wide spread. It's certainly got its quirks, and
a very specific workflow that's a bit non-intuitive. But it's pretty,
doesn't scare away less technical folk... and has a remarkably similar
history of forking a well-known, well-entrenched predecessor (Mambo),
and taking most of the community and developer support with it (let's
hope that proves true here, too).
> On 9/21/06, Christopher Murtagh <..hidden..> wrote:
>
>>  A wiki is in the plans, just not setup/installed yet. Any suggestions
>> on which wiki to use? I've never set one up before (I'm an old-school
>> html guy, wiki syntax hurts my brain).

MediaWiki. It's ubiquitous enough that lots of people know its syntax,
and it's pretty easy to deploy.

I can provide server space and/or admin help. My bandwidth (both GB and
personal time) is limited these days, but I'll do what I can...

Cheers,

--
John Locke
"Open Source Solutions for Small Business Problems"