Re: COGS incorrect when invoices are reposted

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 21:13 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:

> Eventually I want to really lock this down, but it is best to get good
> feedback about why people insist on doing things the wrong way so that
> we can make this as smooth as possible.
Well I have been doing it the wrong way, but I can now see that the idea
of following best practices and not allowing any changes to my invoices
is something I ought to be doing, and so I am happy if the system
enforces that.

FYI. 9 years ago, I was engaged by a global HR software company in their
total system  redevelopment effort. They faced the same questions in the
HR space, and decided to go with the idea of presenting themselves as
domain experts/authorities on HR. Therefore their app would enforce best
practices. It was interesting to see that their client base was more
than happy to fall into line. Eg a global bank said "Excellent, we are
banking experts. Give us the app, and the best HR practices in it, and
we can stop arguing internally and get on with banking." A huge national
insurance company, and the country's train operators (andother) all said
exactly the same thing.