Re: COGS incorrect when invoices are reposted

I agree. In fact, the COGS calculation of SL was never clearly
documented in terms of accounting model. In fact from what I know there
are two models: the administrative and the speculative model[1], along
with FIFO, LIFO and Average costing methodologies. SL follows the
Administrative FIFO model but with several inconsistencies.

The idea of re-posting older documents, even though is very cool it's
not really very practical, and in this country it is illegal! I am in
favor of defining voiding documents and creating new ones.

Also, LedgerSMB should urgently consider adopting a ACL model so we can
at least have simple user roles that activate and de-activate options.
Instead of having several buttons at the end of the screen, perhaps
there could be a sigle action drop-down list and a submit button. This
way it would be very easy to include allowed actions based on context
and user role or privilege.

Alejandro

[1] Redondo, A., "Curso Práctico de Contabilidad General y Superior",
3ra Edición, ISBN 980-07-0858-8, Capítulo VIII "Inventarios de
Mercancías Compras y Ventas", Pág 323.