Re: COGS incorrect when invoices are reposted

Chris Travers writes:
> How would you deal with an invoice which had an error on it?

By posting a new document which reverses the effect of the error.  An
invoice (or any other transaction) should never be altered once posted.

> Note that when we say voiding an invoice, this means posting reversing
> transactions...

Why don't credit memos, etc. suffice?

> ...and flagging the invoice as voided for reporting purposes.

But if correcting entries have been made the summaries will be correct.  I
don't think erroneous invoices should be hidden, though perhaps they should
be marked with a link the correcting entry (I'm not sure how I'd do that).
--
John Hasler
..hidden..