Re: Public Suport for LedgerSMB (was: Re: Call for testing experimental patch)

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 12:44 -0400, Alejandro Imass wrote:

> Believe it or not, I was once kicked out the SL list for offering to
> publish several cool hacks, reports, etc. and invited others to do the
> same.
I am very sure that any contribution you add, including criticisms, will
be given a fair hearing here. If you doubt that, check out my orations
lately. No-one has taken the slightest objections, even if a few things
I have suggested are not quite where the project is running right now -
at least clear reasons emerge from full, fair and frank discussion.
>  We had the idea of a "Sql-Ledger Goodies" site where everyone
> could publish their hacks for others to use, and to invite the author to
> incorporate these hacks into the main code.
I think that anything of general value is likely to be quite readily
incorporated right into the application, or at least clipped or plugged
in somehow.

> 0) I publicly back this fork and will contact every single person and
> list that I have recommended Sql-Ledger to switch to LedgerSMB. Of
> course, I also de-subscribed from SL following the doctor's advise ;-]
:-). Dont take it personally. Other get the same advice, Chris lately.
In fact you are not really 'blooded' on SL til you have received the
Doctor's medicine.

> happy to share some concrete ideas we have been discussing such as the
> POE-based application structure and Catalyst/AJAX/XUL front-end
> approach.
?? I'm interested. URL's?

You might want to start a few new threads/subjects.