Re: Call for testing experimental patch

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 22:49 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> This patch will hopefully get included with the next version but I
> want to put it through some more vetting first.  I am testing it on my
> production machines.
>
> What it does is install a shadow table with a primary key index which
> ensures that transaciton id's are unique across tables.  I see no
> concerns about integrity of production data.
>
> Ideas and feedback are welcome.

Would it be better to call this table simply 'transactions'?
'transaction_ledger' works for me if it's too late to change it now.

I wonder if the 'table' field should be renamed 'module'? See
CA::all_transactions(), GL::all_transactions() and possibly (AR|
AP)::all_transactions() to see where I'm going with this. We could
drastically reduce the complexity of the enormous queries generated by
these subroutines with a join to the new table and it would allow easier
integration of add-on modules into the trial balance and GL transaction
reports.

--
Tony Fraser
..hidden..