Re: Calling all testers: 1.1 now in feature freeze

Hi all;

Here is the basic problem is that the program looks through the
Pg-tables.sql and Pg-upgrade-*.sql for create table statements.  It
then dumps these tables into insert statements.

It would be a *lot* simpler to create this using pg_dump except that
typical installations break this functionality.  Pg_dump dumps the
database relative to template0, so if you create the plpgsql in
template1, it will create this language as well.   I suppose that it
would be best to simply document this.

I seem to recall that some old versions of pg_dump had issues with
sequences.  I don't remember having issues with it for a *long* time.

On 9/18/06, Darrick Hartman <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris Travers wrote:
>>> Known issues include:
>>> 1)  Backup is broken.
>>>
>> What happened here? Is it just that the backup creation script needs
>> changes in alignment with the schema changes?
>>

> The SQL-Ledger code we inherited is somewhat phobic of things like
> pg_dump becuse their installation instructions breaks this.  The
> backup appears to be broken because of oddities of how it works.  I
> will have more info later tonight once I fix the problem if you are
> interested :-)
Of course we'd be interested.  You can't keep that sort of thing to
yourself.

Darrick

--
Darrick Hartman