Re: Calling all testers: 1.1 now in feature freeze

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 17:29 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> The SQL-Ledger code we inherited is somewhat phobic of things like
> pg_dump becuse their installation instructions breaks this.  The
> backup appears to be broken because of oddities of how it works.  I
> will have more info later tonight once I fix the problem if you are
> interested :-)
Yes, I am very interested in anything 'broken' in a database :-).
Is the menu option to back the database broken? It doesn't use pg_dump
though does it? I thought it just wrote out its own .sql script to
recreate the schema, insert the rows, and rebuild indexes and sequences.