Re: Running away from SQL-Ledger

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010, Armaghan Saqib wrote:

Luke wrote:
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010, Armaghan Saqib wrote:

1. LedgerSMB 1.2 support will discontinue soon. (In a year or so)

Did Chris actually say that?
Yes. I asked that question on the list. I don't remember exactly (quick
archives search could not get me that email) but he said something like
it will be supported as long as Postgresql 8.3 is supported (which is
about 6-12 months).  The problems might arise with new Linux

Ah, now I remember. Perhaps by the end of that discussion i did not take it as such a hard conclusion as you did--it would be difficult to discontinue the bulk of support if most users did not migrate to 1.3; and if most do migrate to 1.3 once it is stable, the problems you expect will probably be minimized, as a good upgrade path will exist.

As for 2.0, I believe it's on hold until 1.3 is officially released, so that it will not be developed and supported concurrently with the other two versions, which would be a nightmare.

Luke