Re: Clickable Part Numbers

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Stroller
<..hidden..> wrote:
\

> Ah! But my dual Scottish and Lancastrian heritage requires me to bill
> the customer for said petty item (which might equally be an obscure
> BNC network cable of a type which I'm never going to see again) so my
> concern is having some part number for a miscellaneous "part" which I
> can enter on my invoice to the customer.

But that is different.

A binder for a proposal might just be an office supply.  A BNC cable
for a project would be something you would resell to them.

A petty part for a project might be handled differently.  Here is how I do it.

I have two services:
Reimbursible Expense Nontaxable
and
Reimbursible Expense Taxable

Each has a sellprice of $1, and a cost of $1 since this is usually for
things I don't mark up.

When I buy something for a customer, I just buy that service.  I also
sell that service to the customer at the same increments.  I often
change the units, sellprice, description in the invoice so that it is
more clear to the customer what is going on.