Re: On Hand correction

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 4:08 AM, Ed W <..hidden..> wrote:
> Chris Travers wrote:
>> My query of this sort has moved into the 1.3 module of
>> sql/modules/Inventory.sql, so you can see it in svn.
>>
>> It requires extending the parts table slightly to run on 1.2.
>>

> I think a similar "wish list" would be to see the net profit per
> invoice.  ie something similar to the ledger view, but limited only to
> transactions which related to a specific invoice, but also with more
> information than the GL view shows.  The point being to look at an
> invoice for 6 widgets and a thingamy and see that the system thinks that
> the raw buy price came from these 4 purchase invoices and that the cogs
> looks ok.

I don't think you need to go to transactions related to the invoice.
What you need is a GL view of that invoice so you can compare income
and cost of goods sold.

I am actually thinking along these lines and would like to see it as a
requirement when we redesign the invoice system.  The only thing is,
given the reality of COGS and voucher/draft transactions, we would
probably only be able to show this for posted invoices (anything else
would be an estimated profit).  However, I suppose an estimated gl
view would probably be helpful at that point too.