Re: 1.3 development proposal

Chris Travers wrote:
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 5:35 PM, david <..hidden..> wrote:

Speaking personally....

I use the Reports/ChartOfAccounts etc constantly and would be sorry to see it
go. In fact, it would be rare that I would do bookkeeping work and NOT use this
part of the system in some way.

I suppose I could be more specific.

You could still go to Reports/ChartOfAccounts and see the summary of accounts.

If you clicked on an account and enter dates, it would take you to a
gl report listing transactions against that account for those dates.

I am not looking at removing either of the top-level reports.  This
would also not result in a loss of functionality that I know of but I
am wondering if anyone else knows something I don't in this area.

In which case you just end up with a more complicated output, which in some ways is better because it is more complete.

I often do a cut and paste into a spreadsheet of the output from the report as it exists now. I think that would become less useful under your suggestion. OTOH, if there was a spreadsheet/csv extraction function I'm sure lots of people would like that anyway!

My 0.2cents worth :)

David.