Re: 1.3 development proposal

I used to use the COA report constantly as well until I rewrote the GL report code/reports to be user friendly, visually friendly, and functionally expanded. As it stood, the GL report was *very* confusing and essentially useless to me. Now ..... it is the most used reporting tool that I use, bar none. That said, I still use the COA report and it's sub-report features to great advantage. I do see what you are saying and I think it would be a great idea to include that functionality in GL reporting. But, to me, it makes sense to have the subject functionality (i.e. list transactions against an account for a given time period) in both places.

Short of running LSMB for period of time with that feature disabled under COA and enabled in GL to see how it would really affect ease of use and productivity, I would favor leaving it in COA .... and to include it in GL.

just an opinion

Trevor