Re: Sketching of Payroll

    >> You are addressing the question of recurring transactions, not the
    >> question of what the difference between salaried and hourly.

    Chris> It may be different in Canada but in the US, there are
    Chris> extensive rules
    Chris> about when salaried workers must legally get OT.

That's not the point, in fact, it makes the point for there being no
difference even stronger.   If only hourly workers were implemented,
and a recurring transaction could be configured which always filled in
"40", wouldn't that solve the problem of salaried people?  If they have
to get OT, then you write "55", or you fill in row two, where it says,
"wage*1.5" with "15"

    Chris> The idea of tracking employees in payroll groups where they all have
    Chris> the same pay types.....

okay, so this is really what it's about.
Not salaried vs hourly, but rather, "employees with rule X" and
"employees with rule Y" (and X might include "wage is $27/hr", OT is
"$39/hr after 40hr/week", while Y is "wage is $92/hr, no OT")

    Chris> So
    Chris> does salary/OT make sense as an income class?

huh?
I thought an income class was something like "money received by selling
products" vs "money received by selling consulting"...?

] ..hidden.. http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
	               then sign the petition.