Re: Sketching of Payroll

On 03/07/2012 05:57 AM, Michael Richardson wrote:
"John" == John Locke<..hidden..>  writes:
     John>  Was just talking with a friend who is a Boeing engineer, and
     John>  he's salaried non-exempt, gets overtime, right here in
     John>  Washington State!

The question is: what's the difference for the *accounting system* between:
     salaried == 40 hours/week (+no overtime)
     hourly   == 40 hours/week + overtime

If they were "exempt", then you'd never enter more than 40.
(and you'd probably create a recurring transaction, right...)

Hmm. Well, our salaried paychecks vary because we pay twice monthly, instead of every 2 weeks -- so the number of working days per check vary...