Re: Outsourcing payroll

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Joshua D. Drake <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 13:44 -0400, Armaghan Saqib wrote:

>> > Bingo :D
>> >
>> > Which is something CMD is already working on after being inspired by
>> > Kickstart. Take a look at www.fossexperts.com.
>> >
>> This is really a neat idea. Can you also show how much has been
>> collected to motivate people to poll remaining amount as soon as possible?
>
> Well we haven't even announced yet. We are trying to, this week.
> Originally I was considering only running CMD projects to start. Eating
> our own dogfood as they say.
>
> However, if I had some solid proposals to put up in short order I would
> consider it.

So I've been looking into Payroll recently and outsourcing looks to
cost on an order of $700/year, with companies that make you sign
agreements with statements like "IE 6 is required" (that they admit
are bullshit, but are too bureaucratic/uninterested to get changed).

So if there does become a fund for the feature in ledgersmb my company
would be happy to pledge/donate something on par with outsourcing
costs over a few years. Until there is one, perhaps just a
notification list interested people could sign up for (eg
ledger-smb-feature-payroll-announce) would be in order?

--
        \|/      Daniel JB Clark | Activist; Owner
FREEDOM -+-> INCLUDED ~ http://freedomincluded.com