Re: Upcoming 2.0 of LedgerSMB

On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 16:24 -0400, David F. Skoll wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> > I firmly believe we need to eliminate Latex or at least not make it a
> > requirement and move to more modern technologies to generate invoices.
>
> What?  Why?  LaTeX produces beautiful output and makes it easy
> to customize the printed results.

No it doesn't (the easy part). Again, "at least not make it a
requirement".

>   What do you propose to use instead?

Probably good old fashion CSS or XSLT.

Latex may be great for you but if I walk into an office and say, "Sue,
here is how you customize templates" and its tex? I might as well walk
back out, cause she will have none of it.

We *need* at least as an option to provide simple, easy to modify,
preferably from the browser, templates.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--