Re: Outsourcing payroll (was Re: Upcoming 2.0 of LedgerSMB)

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010, David F. Skoll wrote:

John Hasler wrote:

Sounds like much larger companies than I'm referring to.

We are a small company (8 people) and we outsource payroll.  It is
just so much simpler, and it's really not that expensive.

My corporation is small (2 employees usually), and we can get away with paying as contractors for now. When paying is regular enough to require switching to the paying of actual employees, even if it's just me and my assistant, we will immediately switch to a service. My time is just too valuable to learn about and do the paperwork for maintaining employees, and the cost of a service isn't going to kill us at that point (yes, I've checked). If our normal CPA wants the job and charges less, then more power to him, but I doubt he will.

Just my $.02 as to why built in payroll functions are not high on my personal priority list. None of my incorporated clients bother handling it in house any more either (non-profits and midsized companies of no more than 12 employees).

Luke