Re: multiple "project-like" tags for transactions: 1.3? 2.0?

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 6:20 PM, brush <..hidden..> wrote:

> this would be fine.  but it would be great to get it in the pipeline so
> that the framework takes into account the possibility of extra
> project-like table(s).  i could possibly try to help a bit with the
> programming, though my perl is inferior.

Agreed about the pipeline.  Note though that the individual who wrote
the sections at issue here was not a Perl expert.  It's not well
written and can be difficult to follow at times, but with a little
patience, I suspect it wouldn't be too hard to make these changes
without a great deal of Perl knowledge.....

> also, to luke: it wouldn't need a value field, since you can in general
> just add multiple lines in the expense/income section of the AR/AP.
>
> it would be good to start thinking about how to include this most
> modularly ... my immediate thoughts simply involve a new table and
> adding a second drop-down to AR, AP, GL, as well as a duplicate of the
> "Projects" menu (ie. "Grants").

Sure.  That seems fine.

> any concerns with this?

Seems that it is on the right track.  A little database work would be
required to handle the mappings....

> would it make sense to make an add-on for 1.3 that could then be ported
> to 2.0, or is does the timing not make sense?

Yep.  In fact, I would bet that most of such a patch might even apply
against 1.2....