Re: SL 2.8 to LedgerSMB 1.2

Very nice--thanks for this.  It will help a lot.

Luke

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, Chris Travers wrote:

The first part was to move the defaults data over.

alter table defaults add column setting_key text, value text;
alter table defaults add column setting_key text;
alter table defaults add column value text;
update defaults set setting_key = fldname, value = fldvalue;
alter table defaults drop fldname;
alter table defaults drop fldvalue;

I then ran pg_central.sql on the database.

I then renamed vendor and customer to old_*
I created new customer/vendor/transactions tables

The key here then was to populate the customer/vendor tables, this was
not too bad.  It just involves insert/select against the old_* and
address tables.

I then copied and pasted relevant portions of each of the upgrade
scripts and applied all the sql/fixes/scripts.

The other things that I had to do was run the upgrade_templates.pl and
import_members.pl against appropriate targets.

I found out later I had to add "notes" fields on the invoice and
orderitems tables.

I also had to adjust users_conf database values appropriately (dbuser,
dbpasswd, etc) but these might not have been necessary if I was not
moving it to another server, and re-configuring the whole thing at the
same time.

I haven't automated this process, though.