Re: multiple "project-like" tags for transactions: 1.3? 2.0?

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, brush wrote:

hi chris and others,

you may remember from long ago a conversation about using LSMB with
non-profits.  one of our primary challenges is tracking grants: some
grants span multiple projects, or a single project is funded by multiple
grants, or both.  organizing expenses by project within and across
departments is very valuable, but we can't easily do both that and track
grants correctly.

a solution, it seems, would be to allow multiple "project" tables (with
custom names, eg. "grants"?) and add them wherever project dropdowns
exist currently.

You're talking about multiple project dropdowns, I think.

Wouldn't you then also need a value field with each, to choose which portion of the expense goes to which?

Luke