Re: Renting Developer time to advance 1.3/1.4 - anyone want to chip in?

I am following LedgerSmb because my son runs a (very) small firm
which uses this open-source software.
I have already contributed some very tiny,minor  patches.
(Submitter username tshvr)

I was going to spend some time on the
rounding-rules in LedgerSmb.

I believe that for the moment  these rules are hardcoded.
And spread out about a dozen source files.
Or they are derived from the number of decimal places in another number.

I would like to integrate these rules in db-tables.
So that one can have different rounding-rules per account/customer/vendor.

I join this observation to this thread because it's about
contributing developer's time, developer's plans.

Herman Vierendeels
Ternat

2008/6/6 Joshua D. Drake <..hidden..>:
Chris Travers wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Ed W <..hidden..> wrote:
>> Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
>>> On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 08:01:05 +0100, Ed W wrote:

>> Seconded - although it seems fairly likely that if we can just see a few
>> serious sponsors then we can assume that 1.3 is achievable and
>> development will start on 1.4?
>>
>> Are you prepared to put a rough figure down at this stage?
>>

> One thing I would suggest is that 1.3 is not likely to be accellerated
> due to more money at the moment.  We are already working at maximum
> capacity to get it ready.  Once we get that branched off, though, help

Actually, CMD has one more developer with cycles that we can put on
this. I was actually hoping to utilize him for UI cleanups but haven't
had the time to start talking to people about the sponsorships. He is
John Worsley and he is the co-author of the Oreilly PostgreSQL book.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake