Re: Renting Developer time to advance 1.3/1.4 - anyone want to chip in?

On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 19:03:22 +0100, Ed W wrote:
> I am interested in renting some time from someone like Chris (or
> similar) to advance progress of the next branch and get it "stable".
> Would anyone else like to chip in?  I would be happy to chip in 1-2,000
> EU as a starting point - perhaps a couple of other business could put in
> the same or more (I'm only a one man company - come on folks!) and we
> could rent a month or two of full time labour to get some serious
> progress done on this?

I won't presume to speak for the core devs, but I gather the limiting
factor is time availability for the people with commit rights.

That said, I myself have floated the idea of community funding several
times on #ledgersmb.

Like Ed W, I'll gladly join any round of community funding that advances
the 'basic science' parts of LedgerSMB. I think these are the same rough
spots whose repair gets deferred when the core devs must implement
paying-client work.

Jeff