Re: Renting Developer time to advance 1.3/1.4 - anyone want to chip in?

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 15:48:50 +0100, Ed W wrote:
> Seconded - although it seems fairly likely that if we can just see a few
> serious sponsors then we can assume that 1.3 is achievable and
> development will start on 1.4?
>
> Are you prepared to put a rough figure down at this stage?

Not a huge number. I'd be one of a group of 10-20 needed to get this done,
lets put it that way ;)

A public mailing list probably isn't the best place to discuss individual
contributions.

FWIW, I think the way these things are usually done is to publish the
pledge/payment guidelines, payment-handling mechanics and funding levels
that need to be reached.

Once that's in place then people and companies contribute anonymously or
with attribution as is their preference.

Given that this is a multinational user community, I'd suggest something
like fundable.org, whatever deducts the lowest percentage from sums like
those discussed here.

Employees may need some structure to get the PHB to sign off on
sponsorship.