Re: Renting Developer time to advance 1.3/1.4 - anyone want to chip in?

THere is one other thing that needs to be done relating to donations:

We would really need to get things formalized as to how these are
handled on the core committee.  Since we have avoided the topic in the
past (believing that encouraging people to fund businesses and thus
help the community grow that way is better), this would take some time
and discussion to do.  Among other things, it means appointing a
treasurer, ensuring that these are all tracked and allocated, and
creating a system whereby the funds can be distributed to people doing
the work.  Furthermore we would need to ensure that apporpriate
controls would be in place.

I am going to suggest at the moment that we table a discussion on
donations while the core committee reviews this and decides what we
can do and how to set things up.