Re: Using the invoice system - government rules

On 10/30/07, John R. Hogerhuis <..hidden..> wrote:
> On 10/30/07, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
>
> > documents.  We could even add document management capabilities to this
> > system if we need to.
>
> Suggestion: if DMS is necessary, consider using a DMS like
> KnowledgeTree (now under GPL 3) rather than reinventing the wheel. I
> have written Perl code that does really simple SOAP calls basically
> using just XML::LibXML and LWP::UserAgent. It wasn't hard. I ignored
> the WSDL though, other than to stare at it long enough to figure out
> the part of the API I needed (i.e. I don't use the WSDL at runtime).

Hmmm.... Knowledge Tree is MySQL only which means that if you are
trying to use it as a paperles solution your documents are backed up
outside your accounting db.  I am not sure this is very good.

I wonder if there are any good open source equivalents on PostgreSQL.
If not, I think we are best off to modularly add source document
management (a very specific subset of DMS) to LedgerSMB.  If it is
modular, then we can allow for people to create connectors to other
DMS solutions.