Re: Language wars...

On 1/24/07, Ed W <..hidden..> wrote:

My 2p is that people assume that because an ORM is provided that you
have to use it.  I have a bunch of code which uses a Rails Model which
doesn't even attach to a database at all... See it's not just for ORM

I think in the Perl case that frameworks like Catalyst are even less
tied to the ORM concept and like you said below you can use TT for the
V, anything you like for the M and a bunch of free hooking provided by
the framework.

We are aware of this.  However, we basically discovered that our
design was basically a lightweight MVC anyway, and that a large and
complex framework like Catalyst would add limited value and a lot of
complexity.  I suppose that as this develops, if there is a need to
reconsider, we probably will.

I'm not trying to force anything on anyway, just trying to point out
that you seem to be overlooking these frameworks for a reason which is
not necessarily valid

I welcome the input as I am sure the rest of the core team does.