Re: future of LedgerSMB

Chris Travers wrote:
> Every language has the possibility of running into cross-platform
> issues on some level.  I have found, for example. that Perl has a few
> Windows issues, but these can be easily worked around.  I would expect
> that other scripting languages may run into issues with braind-dead
> Win32 API behavior too (for example the exec() system call behaves...
> unexpectedly,,, on that platform).

Yes and no :). Python was designed from the get go to deal with Win32,
Perl wasn't. Java (well that is an entirely different beast).

There is always cross platform issues but Python is *designed* to work
with Win32. Perl is designed to work with *nix and just so happens to
work on Win32 :)

Joshua D. Drake